Wednesday, March 31, 2010

upcoming date night

I just wanted to share my excitement about seeing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in a couple of weeks. I bought tickets to the show on a whim, categorizing the splurge as a belated birthday present for Bryan (7 months later), as at the time of the actual event we were wandering around exhaustedly north of Auckland and I kind of forgot that it was his birthday. Oops. I'm a great wife, really.

My attempts to keep the show a secret until the day of the event failed miserably, as I expected them to, since I kept giving away little clues and eventually told him "I'll tell you if you guess it correctly." He didn't guess, but I told him anyway :) We're doing the standard dinner date beforehand and have plenty of interesting restaurants to choose from, most notably a variety of Asian cuisines resulting from New Zealand's relative proximity to Southeast Asia. I'm especially intrigued by The Bodhi Tree, a Burmese restaurant that gets great reviews and always seems to be full when we pass by. It's on the same block as The Caledonian (Scottish) Society, where the bagpipers practice in the parking lot on weekday evenings, so there's always a bit of a strange cultural mix in the air. I love New Zealand!

-rachel

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Have a great time.
    Dad D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember seeing that show in Germany in the
    6th grade? Enjoy and happy almost 25 1/2 to Bryan!

    ~mom d

    ReplyDelete