Friday, February 4, 2011

one big january update

So I realize that I haven't posted anything in the last month, which I will be blaming on the beautiful summer weather but which is actually due to my slothfulness and the large quantities of movies that I've been watching lately - it is, after all, the heart of Oscar season. So, in an attempt to make up for this long silence, I will recap the highlights (and lowlights) of my January and you will pretend that I blogged consistently all the way through. Agreed?


Bryan (best man) and Dave (DJ) at the wedding

Highlight #1: Celebrating one glorious year of our residence in Christchurch!
Lowlight #1: Still no job, one year on.

Highlight #2: Attending the wedding of our friends Simon and Sara in an adorable little stone church outside of Geraldine.
Lowlight #2: Contracting food poisoning at the wedding reception and missing my last two days of seasonal work  :(

Highlight #3: Watching our tiny veggie/herb garden grow. Still not sure what to do with the silverbeet (swiss chard), which I've never cooked before.
Lowlight #3: Discovering a solitary strawberry growing amongst the ivy, only to watch it rapidly wither and die.

Highlight #4: Hemming my own jeans for the first time - by hand! This has now created the possibility that shopping for pants could be...possibly...fun.

Highlight #5: The arrival of Oscar season! Our nominees list is color-coded and we have our movie watching planned for these few weeks leading up to the ceremony. We'll have watched every best picture nominee, at least one nominee from each category, and, if we can find a (legal) way to see Biutiful, every multiple nominee. I love January.

-Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Another highlight to #2 was surely a pound or two dropped...
    Your great-great grandmother Bybu would be so proud of your new hemming skill. Did your mom tell you the news about your cousin?
    Love, CB

    ReplyDelete