Friday, June 18, 2010

two mini-victories

Today I wrote a very satisfying letter to my boss/landlord. It went like this:

Dear (Boss/Landlord Name),


As we are approaching the end of the employment term as discussed upon my hire in March of this year, I would like to inform you that my last day of employment with (Company Name) will be Friday, July 2.

Please allow this letter to also serve as notice that Bryan and I will be moving out of the flat no later than Saturday, July 10. As we paid the upcoming week’s rent on 17 July and have put down a deposit of two weeks’ rent, we expect that the only remaining payments will be the internet and electricity bills for June plus an estimate for internet and electricity costs during the first third of the month of July, both of which will be deposited to your account no later than Friday, July 9.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Thank you for the opportunity to develop my skills through my employment at (Company Name) these last few months. I wish you the best in your future business.

Sincerely,

Rachel


It felt wonderfully freeing. I don't yet have a job to replace this one, and we don't yet have a new flat to move into, and we don't yet have the work permit that will allow us to stay here beyond August, but we're going to move ahead as if we do.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment